One of my friends has recently started a new business and he is struggling with keeping track of his company documents. Also, he wanted to add a professional look to his papers to create a better impression on his clients. So, being a good friend I suggested that he can use watermark on his documents and he loved the idea!
What is a Watermark?
A watermark is one type of pattern or image of various shades either bright or dark when observed through reflecting lights that identify one’s paper. Watermark can be used in either image or text in a word file. People create a document and put a watermark to it to claim that document as their own. Copywriting or inserting a watermark in the document is necessary to keep your document private.
How to Add Watermark in Word Document?
If you are wondering, how do you add a watermark in word these steps are for you,
- First of all, you need to open Word on your device. From the word file’s opening page, there is an option on the top of the left-hand side called ‘Design’. On the Design tab, you will see a section as ‘Page Background’ and there you will find the option named ‘Watermark’.
Go to Page Background
Choose Your Watermark
- Now, you’ll find a few ready-to-use watermarks given there by default, depending on which version of the word you’re using.
- Choose any watermark from that option of Page Background and select it for your word document and this how to put watermark in word.
- Your chosen watermark will be visible on every page of your word document.
Various Methods of Adding Picture Watermarks in a Word Document
In case you want to know how to watermark a picture in word, Simply you need to follow the steps:
- You need to open your word document and go through the option ‘Watermark’ again and there you’ll find the option ‘Custom Watermark’, it will find some radio buttons given there. You need to choose ‘Picture watermark’ from there.
- It says you need to select your picture, whatever that is. So, by clicking ‘Select picture’, you’ll get a dialogue box and from there select your suitable option to upload your image.
- You have to wait until the image uploads.
- On the dropdown menu of ‘Scale’ choose ‘Auto’ if you want the picture in its real size or choose any preferable size from there and click or unclick the option ‘Washout’ according to your choice.
Go to Custom Watermark
Upload Your Desired Image and Customize
Remember, choosing ‘Washout’ means your watermark will be completely transparent.
- Click on the apply button and then on ‘OK’ to save it and you will get your picture watermark on every page of your word document.
Methods of Editing a Watermark in a Word File
You have added your watermark successfully. But unfortunately, it does not look perfect. This is when you need to know how to edit watermark in word. You might need to change what is written on or the color and font size that default watermark according to your necessity by following few easy steps:
- From the watermark option on the page, you have to click on ‘Custom watermark’ and select the option ‘Text watermark’ from the radio buttons in the background section.
- On top of that, you will get the option to choose your preferred language from the ‘Language’ section.
- On the option named ‘Text’, you can write down your words that you want to make appear in your word document.
- Down to that, you will see options called ‘Font’, ‘Size’, ‘Color’, and ‘Layout’ where you can choose in which font, size, and color you want your watermark to appear and in which layout you want it, either in diagonal or horizontal.
Customize Your Text Watermark
- After choosing everything according to your wish, click on ‘Apply’ and then click on ‘OK to close the window and save the changes you have made.
- Your customized watermark should be visible on your word document.
How to Use watermark.org?
Watermark.org is a free Online Watermark App to add or insert a watermark in Microsoft Word. This is the best solution to your watermarking problem because it is free and easy! You will get unlimited previews here to check your paper. Let’s see those easiest steps:
- First, you will see a section called “Document” where you can choose your file from your computer.
- Next, you need to simply write down your watermark. It can be your company name or anything suitable for the document you have.
- Finally, the next steps are to modify your watermark as you like which are, “Font”, “Font Style”, “Opacity”, and “Orientation”. Here you can decide which font you want to use, what kind of style you want for the watermark. You can change the size of the font, make it bold or italic. Also, you can decide the color. Then you can increase or decrease the opacity as well. Lastly, you can put your watermark in a horizontal or diagonal position on the document.
These are the very simple steps of how do you put a watermark in word. Watermarks can be used in all aspects. It is a mark of your own in your document or assets to claim them properly and protect them from spreading without your permission.
Sometimes a watermark represents a brand or company in their document or images and keeps their ownership protected. Sometimes watermark is used to provide some message to others, for example, if any document is confidential or urgent and it has a watermark written on it, everyone handling the document will understand the message. Also, the watermark is a safe way to secure your document because one cannot remove the watermark from a Word document’s pdf file.
This is all about how you can insert a watermark or a proof mark and maintain your claimed document’s privacy and save it from any ‘Digital stealing’.